© 2021 All rights reserved
The benefits of Gantry Cranes
Gantry Crane Benefits
To understand the benefits of gantry cranes, which can include,
- Mobility – gantry cranes are portable.
- Capacity – Heavy Lifts mobile gantry cranes can lift loads to 14-tons.
- Adjustable height – we can create custom height limits to suit the job.
We need to take a little time to understand what gantry cranes are to assess their potential uses.
What Is A Gantry Crane?
Gantry cranes are the go-to for moving heavy loads indoors and out. They are an option to use when there are no overhand runways, or the overhead cranes are not strong enough.
A type of overhead crane, the gantry crane, is a single or double girder configuration supported on freestanding legs. You can manoeuvre Gantry cranes along with wheels or by a track or rail system.
If the space is tight, you can also use a gantry crane with a wall-mounted ‘A-frame’ and a single leg. The HeavyLifts gantry consists of 3-parts,
- The Trolley – this runs along a moveable beam. This beam is how height is adjusted, moving up or down to accommodate the lift. Our gantry cranes allow for sideways movement.
- The girder – supporting the gantry crane
- The hoist is for lifting loads, including unusually shaped loads and delicate and fragile loads.
Industries Using Gantry Cranes
As an alternative to large permanent lifting equipment, gantry cranes are perfect. Gantry cranes are mobile and can lift to 14-tons. They are a lifting solution for many businesses. You will find gantry cranes used most often for mechanical contractors in general industries where large machinery needs moving, for example,
Advantages Of Using A Gantry Crane
Gantry cranes are also the ideal solution for moving delicate equipment like in a hospital, moving machines like CT and MRI scanners, large lab equipment, even large tanks in Aquariums, together with the fish!
- Complete mobility providing
- Increased efficiency
- Increased flexibility
- Quick assembly with bolt-together components
- Easily customized
- Available power drive kits
- Economical investment
Contact Us To Discuss Your Needs
HeavyLifts are here to provide you with the lifting solution to suit your needs, be it a turnkey project or assistance with several lifts. Contact our team to chat with the experts – we will have a solution for you.